At J.S. West Propane, we are committed to the safety, health and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities where we live, work and service. We maintain strict safety policies and programs to ensure the highest standards in the industry.
What if I smell gas?
- Immediately extinguish all smoking materials and open flames
- Get everyone out of the area where you suspect the gas is leaking
- Turn off the gas supply valve of your propane tank if it is safe to do so
- Once away from the leak, contact J.S. West at 1-800-675-WEST (9378). If you can’t reach us, call 911
- Do not return to the area until our representative, emergency responder or qualified service technician determines it is safe to do so
- Get your system checked. Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances again, a qualified service technician must check your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free
How do I recognize the smell of propane?
How Do I get Service?
We know your time is important. We offer flexible delivery, billing and payment options to make your experience with J.S. West effortless. Please call us today at 1-800-675-WEST (9378) and let our courteous staff explain our payment options.
Grilling and Safety Tips
When you have propane, the grilling season never ends. So please remember to follow these safety tips:
- Always follow grill manufacturer’s instructions and keep written materials accessible
- When lighting a grill, keep the top open
- Always use or store cylinders outdoors in an upright (vertical) position
- When the cylinder is refilled, have the supplier check for dents, damage, rust or leaks
- Before connecting the cylinder to a propane gas grill burner for the first time, use a leak-detection solution (a 50/50 mixture of water and liquid soap) to check connections for tightness. Do not use matches or lighters to check for leaks
- After filling or exchanging a cylinder, take it home immediately. Keep the vehicle ventilated and the valve closed and capped
- Do not allow children to tamper with the cylinder or grill
- Do not smoke while handling a propane cylinder
- Do not use, store, or transport cylinders near high temperatures (this includes storing spare cylinders near the grill)
- When a grill is not in use, cover disconnected hose-end fittings with plastic bags or protective caps to keep clean