Most people like to be a member of a family and a part of the team. Here at JS West that is exactly what you’ll experience. JS West & Companies is all about family. We’re employee owned and family operated and have been for more than a century. Our whole philosophy of business embraces the bonds, trust, and loyalty found in the family unit and extends to our family of employees, customers, and community.
JS West has an exciting and inviting opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant based in our Corporate Office. The Human Resouces Assistant will perform administrative tasks and daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including applicant screening, onboarding staff, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Essential Duties and responsibilities can vary. A partial list includes:
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications, including scheduling physical, drug screens and lift tests
- Implements new hire orientation
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate
senior-level HR staff or management.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings and investigations.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bilingual Preferred
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource experience preferred.
- Travel up to 50% of the time (home base corporate office in Modesto, branches throughout Central California)
We expect our Human Resource Assistant to have the following skills and abilities:
- Phone skills that are courteous, friendly, and professional
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and focused
- Time management – can balance work to meet deadlines and can work in sometimes hectic situations
- Exceptional ability to work in a team environment
JS West offers excellent benefits including Employee Stock Ownership Program, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or fax to 209-569-5063